Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More than the stars

I hate to admit it, but on the way to school in the morning I listen to a Christian radio station. Don't make fun yet. Yes, I know it's cheesy, but in the 10 minute drive to school I hear a clip of the news and don't hear dirty words before I start my day. Laugh. Go on, make fun.

Now that we have gotten over that, my story continues to worsen (can I say that?). Then a typical cheesy song came on (You may ask why I listen, I hold out for JJ Heller), A song by Matthew West. Its chorus goes:
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine and you shine for me too
I love you
Yesterday
And today
And tomorrow
I'll say it again and again
I love you more

It made me stop for a moment, and think. Currently in my class, we are learning about the solar system, which I used to find dreadfully boring. Until I started realizing how MASSIVE the universe is. HUGE. The sun is a medium sized star! So, I started going back to the song, thinking about how he loves ME more. I am like a small barnacle on a whale. Insignificant and small, but the truth wins: He loves me more.

I guess I'll just have to take that today. I think that's enough.


No comments: