Yea, I know... quite a disturbing verse in the bible. It's one my friends and I would make fun of when we read it, but I never would have guess that it was going to be the verse the pastor spoke on tonight! I laughed to myself, and knew that God must have been laughing too... God has been so good to me since I have been here so far. He has taken care of everything! I was planning on only staying with my Aunt and Uncle for a few days then going to a guest house, but it has been such a blessing to just stay here until my
roommate arrives. Since they know Thai, have a car, and have been so graciously providing meals for me to eat with their family. I simply don't know how I could thank them! I think that it will also be neat to continue to watch God provide... for example I will be living a good distance from the school and am not exactly sure how I will get there each day. But I know that the Lord wouldn't give me a great home to live in, and a job and not a practical way to get from one to the other. A verse that I Have been holding on to is:
"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24
It's silly for me to think that he would call me, and not be faithful to my every basic need while I am here.
No comments:
Post a Comment