22 was pretty great... but I am pretty hopeful for 23. I mean a lot of great things are associated with 23 like some of basketball greats, the number of flavors in Dr. Pepper, a pretty famous Psalm in the bible. So I feel like 23 will be pretty grand... it has started off great.I began the day at midnight in the middle of watching Center Stage. Which because of the ending dance makes you remember that it is a 'good movie' when in all actuality, it isn't. I stayed over at Kelly's house with Katie and Kelsey -- and woke up with a sweet package and a bouquet of Gerber daisies and a pot of coffee to greet me. I then had been invited for breakfast at the Cougill's home, which are a family from Indy who are here with YFC. Their son is in my class. They had Chris Rice playing, and the table was set with a "YOU ARE SPECIAL" plate out for me. I chatted with them as they finished making Swedish pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon and fresh fruit. As we all held hands around the table my eyes welled up with tears -- not because I was sad, but because I can't believe the ways that the Lord has overwhelmingly blessed me. Here I was in the middle of a sweet family who went to all this trouble for my birthday. We had great conversation and then I hopped on my IU decaled motorbike to meet Kelly and Katie.
It hit me at that moment that this was the first "summer birthday" I had ever had. Even though it is technically still the cool season (at 90 degrees I beg to differ). I went back to my apartment to open some presents and then to go to the pool with the girls. I had never had an outdoor pool party before! It is usually a cold, dreary grey February day -- so this is the first birthday I remember with a tan! We went for taco salads after that... and to the Thai hair place to get a great head massage and blow dry. It's a great treat for a few bucks.
We then got spiffed up and then went to a great fancy restaurant for dinner. We met the boys and some other teachers and it was a great night. There was even a classical guitar player who serenaded us all evening -- even happy birthday when the cake came out. I was just so blessed to have such wonderful friends to take me out and celebrate with me...
I came home and talked with my brother for the first time in 6 months, my sister and parents and just realized yet again how good God is to me... over and over and over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment