Friday, September 5, 2008

September again?

Happy September, a new month and the official month that reminds me that summer is actually over.  But what a blessing to have a profession where I am 23 and still get a summer, I know you are jealous.  I have been back in Thailand for a month now and it is really good to be here and to be right where the Lord wants me. If you aren’t in that place in life, I highly recommend being right where the Lord wants you because it is a fabulous place to be.  Each day that I go into work I am blessed to go to a place where I get to use the gifts the Lord has given me, a place where I am fully loved and supported by my principal and department, a place where I leave at the end of the day with 17 hugs or high fives. 

Lately I have just been in awe to how sweet the Lord has been in my life.  I couldn’t ask for a richer portion in life.  It has actually been a long time that I have felt this way, and I constantly keep on giving thanks to Jesus for this season in my life and desire to give all the glory that I can back to him.  My cup is overflowing with a great new house and roommate, the perfect job, a solid bible study where I am learning and growing with genuine friends, and the gift of getting to enjoy Jared a little more each day as our relationship grows. I don’t deserve any of this, but am in awe of this season.  Trying to soak up all I can from the Lord in this time and to rest and rely on him to teach me new things.

One of my most recent prayers has been one that was inspired a few years ago by a message from the Vineyard (a church in Cincinnati). In this message they were talking about “nudges” from the Lord throughout the day.  Times in your day when you get this inkling that you need to do something for someone right in that moment.  Big or small – but just being obedient to the Lord nudging you to love someone, or to speak truth into a situation.  It is so neat when these moments come up and with his strength respond obediently.  Yesterday I was walking in the lobby of school and my sweet, Christian Thai director came around the corner with a wince of pain in her eyes.  This woman has shown me the virtue of “doing unto others…” more than anyone else in my life – and she will literally drop what she is doing to help you.  But I just knew that I needed to stop and talk with her.  She starts telling me of the pain in her back and the Lord was like, “Sara, just pray for her right now.” So I asked her if I could pray and she just hugged me and we stood in the lobby and I just got to pray for the Lord to heal and comfort her. It took about 2 minutes. Two minutes that could have passed by, but instead I chose to listen to that nudge.  I challenge you to ask for the Lord to nudge you and to ask for the boldness to respond to the little things he calls us to be obedient to daily.  It has been an eye opener in my life, of little blessings that I would miss otherwise.

That is just a little bit to what is happening in my life, and I love that you care to read, but what If would really love more is to hear about what is happening in your life. I would love to be able to pray for you when your faces pop up in my mind. 

No comments: