In case you didn't know I love celebrating birthdays. I don't think a birthday is complete with out a cake, decorations, a special meal and of course celebrating on the day. Even after taking a personality test for our premarital counseling, my type -- ESFJ -- has this listed as one of their strengths: Traditionally minded and family-oriented, they will make family celebrations and traditions special events. My birthday was the best day of the year... but now my heart has changed.
Raef's birthday is my new favorite day of the year. I know, I couldn't believe it myself. As the months and weeks lead up to the day I kept thinking about how I could make it special for him. Or, I couldn't resist to pick up little things at the store just to put a bow on them to add to the celebrating. I found that planning the perfect birthday for my favorite person in the world made it my new favorite day of the year. Also, anything fun I plan to do with him -- I get to go with him, so it's kind of like planning a fun day for myself too.
I never understood how the Bible talked about loving your spouse as part of your own body -- but as silly as it seems I was able to get that a little more when I was thinking about Raef's day. I sure love that man.
So, the recap of the day:
1. "Raefy-Eggs" for breakfast -- two eggs over easy on top of toast, doused in Worsteshire sauce.
2. (Usually I go have lunch with him at work, but he had a meeting)
3. House Decorations
4. Ribs
5. A surprise airplane trip around downtown Chicago
6. Strawberry Shortcake with Friends
Life's so much fun with my buddy, I can't wait for his birthday next year!
1 comment:
You're my best friend! Thank you for loving me so well.
Post a Comment